Monday, September 07, 2009

Stuff from Sunday

I was out walking for a long time yesterday; I left the house around 7:15 am and got home around 4 pm. I must be getting picky about my shooting, though. For all that time I only took around 70 shots (last year that long an expedition would have yielded around 200 shots), and only three turned out well enough for me to like. So here are the three shots I can live with.

A Painted Lady butterfly beside Hazard Rd.

A Bumblebee bumbling around in a Bull Thistle bloom behind Fort Adams

Boats racing on Narragansett Bay, with Jamestown Harbor in the background

© 2009 by A. Roy Hilbinger

8 comments:

  1. Wow that's a big day out on anyone's scale. Sometimes it's like that. Hundreds of shots and only a couple that satisfy. These are however, worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that these are certainly ones you can live with...they are stunning and each so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone would be glad to live with those shots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning is the word for the butterfly and the bee. It must be satisfying to have such a yield from a day's walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fave is that fabulous butterfly shadow shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someday I will learn how to sail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...beautiful photos..... I also love the photo of the artist--a perfect capture!!

    ReplyDelete