Saturday, April 18, 2020

Wandering Aimlessly

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." — Bilbo warning Frodo about taking walks, from The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
 
I had to go to CVS to pick up a prescription refill, and I decided to use it as a jumping-off point for a bit of a camera shoot/wander afterwards. I had no idea where I was going, I just decided at various points which way I would turn. So I ended up on a brief stretch of the Rail Trail and then a brief foray into farm country north of town. It was a cold walk (temps in the 40s with something between a breeze and a wind) but an enjoyable one, and I got some good shots along the way.

A chilly Mockingbird on the Shippensburg University campus
My favorite mother-daughter pair of Jerseys on a farm by the Rail Trail
Walking on the Rail Trail
An Old Order Mennonite buggy on Britton Rd.
A farm along Britton Rd.
A pair of cows on Mud Level Rd.
Burd Run and spring house at Newburg Rd.
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment