Sunday, April 12, 2020

An Easter Morning Walk

I took my usual Sunday walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park this morning, on my way to a family Easter dinner. It was slightly overcast and cool, in the 40s with no breeze. Spring is moving right along, greening and blooming and full of bird song. I think the most striking find of the day was that two very foolish Canada Geese chose to build their nest right smack in the middle of the berm path around the north duck pond; I hope the eggs last long enough to actually hatch!

Mustard Garlic flowers along the Dykeman Walking Trail
A log on the forest floor along the trail
A moss-covered rock nestled in duckweed in one of the wetland's streamlets
The aforementioned foolish Goose nest
Crabapple blossoms by the north duck pond
A Red-winged Blackbird among the cattails in the wetland
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment