Friday, April 17, 2020

Critters

I had some supplementary grocery shopping to do this morning, so I made a quick run through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park, and what became obvious right away was that despite the cold (it was in the 30s when I was there) and the overcast sky, the wildlife was quite active. Well, except for the Mama Canada Goose sitting on her nest on the berm around the north duck pond. But the resident feral cats were out and about, the Wrens and Song Sparrows and Cardinals and Red-winged Blackbirds were quite vocal, and the sentinel Groundhog at the east end of the meadow was on duty. Lots of critters today! 

Eyes watching from the jungle!
Carolina Wren with breakfast
The little black feral stalking the berm around the north duck pond
Mother Goose, sitting
The sentinel is on duty
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous photographs as always.😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patrice! I was especially happy with these, especially the first two, because they were both seat-of-the-pants shots which actually worked.

      Delete
  2. Grand to see your photos. I didn't see anything on my walk today but I heard a woodpecker busy at work and a squirrel that did not sound pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Wil, squirrels never sound pleased, they always sound ticked off at something!

      Delete