Saturday, April 25, 2020

The Long Way Home

I had a couple of refills to pick up at CVS this morning, and I figured I'd take the long way home up Burd Run, through the Brookside Ave. wetland and the Burd Run restoration project park. It seems the theme of the day was birds; the Tree Swallows are back at Brookside Ave., and I saw several Brown Thrashers in the restoration park. And as has been usual lately, the feral cat was guarding the boardwalk at the entrance to Brookside Ave. when I arrived.

The Guardian of the Bridge
Mom and Dad take the kids out for a spin on the collection pond
The Tree Swallows are back!
A Blue Jay in the Brookside wetland
A Brown Thrasher in the Burd Run restoration park
A female Red-winged Blackbird in the restoration park
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment