Saturday, December 18, 2010

Around the House

More black & white studies of household items, still lifes (of a sort) rather than individual pieces this time. The dolls are hidden away in a little niche, and it was their presence and odd location that kicked off this little exploration. Well, that and Saturday morning housecleaning; these are what I see while I'm vacuuming my little "suite" in the basement of my brother's and sister-in-law's house.
























© 2010 by A. Roy Hilbinger

4 comments:

  1. You make the ordinary extraordinary Roy although those porcelain dolls freak me out. I have one in my dresser that was a gift to my daughter, she won't have it in her room because it looks 'spooky'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great example of how you can remove colour and add interest at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, Roy. A metallic quality but still intimate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old dolls are deliciously creepy. Nice shots, Roy.

    ReplyDelete