Friday, October 23, 2009

Raise the Song of Harvest Home


Pumpkin displays from Trinity Church's "Pumpkin Patch" sale, Newport, RI

Come, ye thankful people, come,
Raise the song of harvest home!
All is safely gathered in,
Ere the winter storms begin...
(from "Come Ye Thankful People Come" by Henry Alford, 1844)

"Come Ye Thankful People Come" performed by the Presbyterian College music department


"Come Ye Thankful People Come" performed by the North Guilford Congregational Church Bell Choir


Photos © 2009 by A. Roy Hilbinger

7 comments:

  1. I just love that old hymn! Your photos of the pumpkins are great...I like those gray, wrinkly ones the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roy-the pumpkin photos are really nice. I will now have this song in my head, but I can't think of a nicer earworm.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everywhere I visit it's pumpkin mania! We don't celebrate Halloween her to much of an extent but we do eat pumpkin! A roast dinner just isn't right without it. Great shots. Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...beautiful pumpkins. I love Halloween and the harvest...and everything that goes with it. It don't really know that hymn, but I liked it. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Fall.Have A Fine Weekend Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not living in the best squash weather up to now I didn't know that on one plant you can get different shapes and colours! How do they do that?

    Cool!

    ReplyDelete