Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Today's Walk

I decided to walk out into farm country on Possum Hollow Rd., out past my brother's house and up to I-81, and came back into town on Olde Scotland Rd., where I cut over to the woods on the other side of the railroad tracks to visit the old filling pool along Gum Run. The filling pool is a leftover from the days when trains ran by steam power and periodically had to stop to fill their water tanks. The old tracks ran along Gum Run; they're gone now, but the old pool is still there, way back in the woods and very picturesque.

Stripes and swirls of color in a field along Possum Hollow Rd.
The Mennonite farm across Possum Hollow Rd. from my brother's house
A Mourning Dove in a front yard along Possum Hollow Rd.
Wenger Feeds' grain silos along the RR tracks off Mt. Rock Rd.
A path in the woods near the filling pool
The old filling pool
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment