Sunday, May 10, 2020

More Nature on a Sunday Morning

Today's walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park was another interesting one, with one long-awaited event. The event was that Mother Goose finally hatched all her babies, and she and Papa were out on the water with them when I got there today. There was also a young skunk wandering around by the north duck pond, but I couldn't manage to get an in-focus shot of it because I was too intent avoiding startling it and getting sprayed. I did manage to get a really good shot of one of the Solitary Sandpipers visiting the wetland on their way up to their breeding grounds in the Arctic tundra. All in all, it was a good day in the park!

Dame's Rocket in the woods along the Dykeman Walking Trail
A deer trail in the woods framed by trees like a gateway
Daisy Fleabane in the Dykeman wetland
A Solitary Sandpiper in the creek
Mama and Papa taking the kids out on the north duck pond
A Crow along the nature trail on the way home
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always. And thecrow makes the journey extra special.😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I did a Crow portrait; they've been avoiding me down here in PA. So I was pleased when this one sat for me for a bit today, and I knew you'd get a kick out of it. Now if I could only get one of the local Ravens to do that...

    ReplyDelete