Monday, September 26, 2011

The Far Shore

I'm home today; it's one of my days off this week. I'm not going anywhere, though; it's gray, gloomy, and overcast, and I have a nasty cold. But I went out on the deck to see if there were any critters about, and this bit of scenery caught my eye. I call it "Ivy, Moss, and Wood".


When searching my iTunes library for appropriate music, I came across A Produce's "The Far Shore (solo version) and realized I hadn't done a tribute to him yet. Barry Craig, aka A Produce, passed away September 4. I've always been a fan of his music, so it was a sad surprise to read of his passing on John Diliberto's Echoes blog. This particular piece of music since Barry wrote it as a tribute to fellow ambient musician Pierre Lambeau on the occasion of his death back in the '90s. As one person commented on John's blog - flow in peace, Barry.


Photo & text © 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shot! Gray, gloomy & overcast out here too, but at least no colds--hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rather fond of rainy gloomy days! :) It was like that here, too. Hope you feel better soon, Roy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing is better than gray, gloomy day to snuggle up at home with a warm cup of tea, a good book - and such activity (or rather inactivity) can be good for colds too!

    sending healthy vibes your way

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a near perfect image Roy : all the shapes, the tones and the textures seem to complement each other building into something which is far more than the sum of its parts.

    ReplyDelete