Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Winter's Coming

It's the back end of November; the leaves are pretty much off the trees and the scenery is getting gray and brown and dreary, especially when it gets overcast and precipitates. We had some seriously unseasonable cold weather over the weekend, and now a truly wintry storm system is moving through the area today. We started out with light snow for a couple of hours, which changed to sleet, then to freezing rain, and finally just plain rain, with the temperatures still hanging around the freezing mark. As it moves out tomorrow morning it's supposed to change back to light snow. Yup, damp, raw, cold, gray, and dreary. The end of November is living up to its reputation!

I walked through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park with my cell phone camera this morning while my laundry was washing; the hike was at the peak of the light-snow-turning-to-sleet phase. Yup, dreary!






© 2013 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments:

  1. Well, you managed to find some color in the otherwise dreary surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you. you might have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the problem is something that not sufficient people are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled across this in my seek for something referring to this.
    DUI Schools in Butts County
    DUI Schools in Jackson Ga

    ReplyDelete