Saturday, November 02, 2013

Fall Color At Last

Finally, the color is popping down here in the valley! This is Day One of my 9-day vacation, and I was walking around town today doing errands and getting these shots with my cell phone. I'm using my cell phone because my vacation has started out with a disaster. Yesterday morning on the way to work I got caught in a downpour which wasn't supposed to have happened for several hours. As a result not only did I get soaked (except for my upper body, protected by my umbrella), but everything in my shoulder bag - which includes my camera - did as well. I had thought the bag was waterproof, but I guess not. So at the moment my camera doesn't work. My friend Arleen said burying in dry rice does wonders for wet electronics, so my camera is now buried in 5 lbs. of dry rice, hoping for the best. Meanwhile, here is what I have for you today, given the limitations of smart phone cameras.

Branch Creek at King St.
On South Fayette St.
On South Queen St.
On Walnut St.
© 2013 by A. Roy Hilbinger

3 comments:

  1. Not bad at all for a cell phone! Our color is very late, too...and I'm afraid storms have blown many leaves off before they peaked. I remember last year was just about as perfect as it could be. Maybe this isn't going to be one of those years. There is, however a beautiful brightly colored tree for every 4-5 green ones...or bare ones. ha.

    Hope your camera dries out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.callofspoko.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. If you keep submitting well written articles just like this then I will always keep returning back to your blog. Really good material.
    Defensive Driving Course in Locust Grove
    Defensive Driving Course in Locust Grove Ga
    Defensive Driving Course in McDonough

    ReplyDelete