Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day - A Peace Garden

I went up to the Shippensburg Memorial Park - a park and sports complex dotted with memorials to Shippensburg's dead in the nation's wars - to get photos for this, my annual Memorial Day post (a day early because I'm working tomorrow). And in the process of searching out the various memorial plaques I stumbled across this Peace Garden, which turns out to be the centerpiece of the memorial park. And really, isn't that the real purpose of this holiday, to pray that this madness we call war never happen again? I tip my hat to whoever planned this park for making the idea of peace the center around which the memorials to the dead revolve!









 Dona nobis pacem!


© 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

7 comments:

  1. Roy, this is my favorite Memorial post today. The garden images are perfect as is the music link. I feel the same way. It's preventable and it's madness. We honor our dead but wouldn't it be greater honor to keep them alive?

    Lovely work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about your blog and thank you such a wonderful post, And so true. Yet again, you got to the right words perfectly.
    Thank you for sharing with us.


    Stein Garden & Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful park - and beautiful photographs of it too Roy. And I have to say - beautiful and wise words as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My that's a pretty spot, so lush

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.
    I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......
    Garden makeover Gold Coast
    commercial landscaping Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete

  6. please visit this and take more information. I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog House washing brisbane

    ReplyDelete