Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Sights

I have the weekend off, and I spent today doing errand stuff - laundry, minor grocery shopping, etc. And as usual I stopped by the Dykeman Wetlands Park in the course of my wandering. Not much in the way of photos today, but these two were worth sharing.

This is a new angle on an old friend. The foliage is really stepping up now, to the point where the creek now looks like it's emerging from a cavern. If you look carefully you can see ducks in the water, about three in the foreground and one way back up under the trees.

This male American Goldfinch was singing away on a branch hanging over the nature trail. He actually let me get close enough to get a decent shot!

© 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments:

  1. they are both great shots! I haven't seen any goldfinches yet...can't believe they are in their summer bright feathers already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This goldfinch close up is just too good to believe! I can even see his little toes and some seed bits on his beak.

    ReplyDelete