Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes!


I finally got frustrated with feeding all the House Sparrows in the neighborhood and switched to that handsome Finch feeder pictured above and filled it with Thistle. Since I put it the Sparrows have avoided it.

I also changed the seed in the tray feeder to a mix of black oil sunflower, nuts, and dried fruit. Mr. Red came by to check it out and he seems  to like it!


The suet feeder is still hanging below these two, but I may change that, too; Starlings seem to have taken it over and have driven away the Woodpeckers, so I may change that to mealy worms in an open-sided feeder in hopes of drawing Wrens and Bluebirds. We'll see.

And of course the perfect music for all this is David Bowie's "Changes". Enjoy!


Photos & text © 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

1 comment:

  1. i am a bird watcher and thistle seeds are for sure away to keep most away except the finches

    ReplyDelete