Friday, January 27, 2012

Odds 'n' Ends

Some stuff taken during the week. The first is a high key treatment of a mossy rock in the Dykeman Wetlands; I liked the way thr treatment brought out not only the green of the moss but also the rusty brown on that bit of metal sticking up in the middle. The second shot is my newest self-portrait; I'm still exploring the process of making b&w shots, and the beard is almost back to where it used to be.



And before I go, a nod to a historic birthday - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I'm not a big fan of his music (in fact I'm not big on the whole Classical era; my CD collection pretty much goes right from the Baroque to the Romantic and skips the Classical entirely), but I'll admit that there are some Mozart pieces I actually like - his Requiem and this piece, Ave Verum Corpus. If you were ever a choral singer (I was, bass section) you know this piece well; it's practically required repertoire!


Photos © 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

5 comments:

  1. Fun. I did my own piece on Mozart -- with my usual number of digressions, of course -- a little over a year ago, here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Roy...I agree...and you are highlighting one of his very best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot of Dykeman wetalnds--both composition 9f the original photo & the PhotoShop treatment--& yes, the beard is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you again - and so close up!! The b & w looks good on you - and I like the dramatic moss shot.

    see you again soon..

    ReplyDelete