Thursday, January 19, 2012

Downtown

Since I now live right on Shippensburg's main drag - King St. - going downtown means stepping out my front door. These shots are from a brief walk up the street this morning.





If you know me at all you know I had to dig up Petula Clarke's classic song "Downtown" from 1964. Of course, her downtown (Tony Hatch, who wrote the song, was inspired by a trip to New York City) was a bit more lively than Shippensburg's ever gets.



Photos © 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments:

  1. ...fun post, Roy! I remember singing and dancing to this song with my mom! I haven't heard it in years. Thanks for posting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of Shippenburg's downtown as you've captured it. It may be less lively than NYC, but it looks like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete