Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Nostalgia

I won't be around much tomorrow; lots of family around, lots of food to eat. So I decided to do my Thanksgiving post a day early. For those of you outside the US, this holiday is one set aside to give thanks for the bounties we've received in the past year, based on the meal the Pilgrims (Separatist Calvinists from England who emigrated to the New England coast to start their own colony across the Pond) shared with the local Native Americans to celebrate their survival. Not only is it a holiday for families and friends to gather together, it's also something of a celebration of Americana. With that in mind, I thought I'd take some of the photos I posted in the last few days and "paintify" them in Photoshop to give them something of a hand-done look.

The farm on the slopes of South Mountain given the oil on canvas look.

Mt. Pleasant Farm at sunset made to look like a watercolor.

A Burd's Run scene given the oil on canvas treatment.

The old courthouse on King St. made to look like an old linen postcard.

And to finish things out, a scene from the movie Godspell which includes the song "All Good Gifts". Happy Thanksgiving everybody!


Note: I won't be posting again until Monday; we're going up to Newport for the weekend to pack up the rest of my stuff, clean the apartment up, and close up the Newport chapter of my life. See you when I get back.

Photos & text © 2010 by A. Roy Hilbinger

12 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Roy, and thanks for the beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my .. these images are lovely. Happy holiday Roy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want Photoshop even more! :)

    happy thanksgiving to you, Roy. Don't eat too much oyster dressing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Roy, I hope it marks a new beginning for you and an opportunity to be grateful for the support of your family over the past. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love PhotoShop! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Hope You Had A Fine Thanksgiving Roy.Have A Productive Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Burds Run and Farm on the Slopes are as painterly as if you'd created with a brush. Are they as amazing in person? Very salable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the day was a happy and fulfilling one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first one really looks like a painting, a very fine painting with an incredible sense of light. They're all very good but that one's my favorite.
    PhotoShop, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. one of these days i really, really need to get photoshop and start playing around. such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful shots--hoe you had a wonderful holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete