Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Theme Thursday - Stretch

A tad late, I know. But I didn't get an idea for this until this morning, when I was looking at the pictures I took on Sunday again.

Great Egret youngsters squabbling amongst themselves. The stretch their necks and croak at each other.

Only one video this time. It immediately popped into my head when I saw what the theme would be. Yup, Kate Bush's "Rubberband Girl". Gotta love it!


Don't forget to visit the other Theme Thursday entries.

Photo & text © 2010 by A. Roy Hilbinger

8 comments:

  1. That neck posturing is such a bird gesture in general, but it really shows when the egrets do it! Good photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're really never late under the new TT rules! :)

    Love the photo...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I haven't heard that song in an eternity! They do look like they are getting their stretch on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What graceful birds with such graceful stretched necks. Lovely take on this Theme Thursday.

    Mine is up.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  5. late but better than never

    and i LOVE the stretch picture

    ReplyDelete
  6. (i meant me being late visiting not you late posting!)

    ReplyDelete