Thursday, March 18, 2010

Theme Thursday - Breakfast

My usual breakfast - oatmeal, toasted bagel, and tea.



And now for the breakfast music! I've never heard of the band Deep Blue Something, and I never heard their song "Breakfast at Tiffany's", but when I fed "breakfast" into YouTube's search engine this was at the top of the list. I like!

Near the top of that list was another song by another artist I've never heard of, "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson, and I'm liking this one a lot, too. Actually, this song has me thinking I may need to look up more stuff by Jack Johnson.

And last but certainly not least, I decided to add a little cultural uplift to the proceedings. Since coffee seems to be a major element in breakfast, I went and found J.S. Bach's paean to coffee, Schweigt stille, plaudert nicht (Be quiet, stop chattering), BWV 211, aka "The Coffee Cantata". What I've posted is movement #3, the aria Ei! Wie schmeckt der Kaffee süße (Ah! How sweet the coffee tastes). Enjoy!

Photos & text © 2010 by A. Roy Hilbinger

14 comments:

  1. Nice post Roy. Other people's breakfasts always look far more appetizing than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photography! And I agree on all the music, especially The Coffee Cantata. All in all, a delightful way to start the day. Thanks!

    My entry is up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that bagel looks good. I should have known it would be a mistake to start reading the TT posts before I actually had my breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love oatmeal. Know the video. Liked the movie that inspired the song. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photography is poster worthy! Love it! I can imagine it up in my kitchen (if I had a wall to spare) tantalizing me to eat. Love the music videos too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love oatmeal. I can't believe I am reading these posts before breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha a sneak peak into your pantry. Not a great lover of porridge but the tea looks good. Jack Johnson is very popular out here.Soft Sunday, beachy music, definitely worth a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture, do you notice that the breakfast pictures all look great? lol

    Like how hearty your breakfast look and I notice the butter knife... wonder why I can get one....

    Wonderful TT post!

    Happy Thursday!

    Happy TT!

    Did you know that I am now hosting a new meme?

    Find out more Blog of the Week Please join us for the WEEKEND FUNNIES. Week #2 is this Friday to Sunday (March 19-21).

    See you there?

    hugs

    shakira

    UNSPOKEN BREAKFAST FOR THE SOUL Oscar Wilde-The IRISH Gentleman ART OF GENEROSITY

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a great breakfast. mine usually consists of coffee at my desk!

    i had forgotten about the song breakfast at tiffany's. it's going to be stuck in my head now

    ReplyDelete
  10. All Jack Johnson songs sound the same. Just warning you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you so much for watching the video. i think it is great movie

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much for watching the video. i think it is great movie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe I missed the breakfast theme! Anyway, love your breakfast, especially the toasted bagel. I'll have coffee in stead of tea, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also love oatmeal. I can't believe I am reading these posts before breakfast.

    ReplyDelete