Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Pennsylvania Farms in Black & White

Last night it occurred to me that I hadn't done a black and white shoot in a very long time, and for a photographer that's not a good thing. Black and white teaches the skills needed for all photography, even color. And for me, Central Pennsylvania farm country provides the perfect subject matter for a black and white shoot. So I went for a stroll in the country between I-81 and South Mountain and let my inner Ansel Adams take over. Here's the result.

The footbridge over Gum Run in Dykeman Park, at the start of the hike
A farmhouse and barn on Mainsville Rd. on the way to I-81
South Mountain from Peiper Rd.
Horses on the farm at Peiper and Means Hollow
Ponies along McCulloch Rd.
A curious young bull on McCulloch Rd.
One of my favorite old barns on Baltimore Rd.
Another old barn on Baltimore Rd.
© 2019 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment