Monday, June 10, 2019

Another Soft Day in the Park

Today has been what the Irish call a soft day (for an explanation click here), and the weekly walk was a damp one. But as my friend Patrice likes to point out, it's perfect light for photography - no glare, no drastic contrast, just a soft, even light that makes the colors just pop. So here are some things I saw on my weekly walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park.

A young Eastern Cottontail enjoying the clover on the walking trail
The park's creek as it runs between the ball fields 
Yarrow growing by Gum Run
A patch of Crown Vetch growing along the walking trail
Catalpa blossoms along the walking trail
My favorite bench by the north duck pond. The parks and recreation folks haven't been able to keep up with the lush conditions due to the soft ground. Which is fine by me; I like my Nature messy and wild rather than trimmed and tame.
A view of the north duck pond
Yellow Goatsbeard growing up in the meadow
© 2019 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment