Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Another Wet Walk in the Park

Yesterday I took my weekly walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park, and once again it was a wet, humid experience. Everything's very lush right now, all green and blooming and teeming with life. I took a lot of shots; below are the cream of the crop, but after them is a video I made with the full contingent of shots that passed quality control, set to Peter Mayer's "Holy Now". Let's take a walk!

The foliage is especially lush by Branch Creek at the King St. bridge
A sure sign of Summer - the Daylilies are blooming
The Blackberries are also ripening
One of the resident Muscovy Ducks decided to go for a paddle in the north duck pond
Another pond-side bench buried in Mama Gaia's green blanket
Up on the meadow the butterflies, like this Silver-spotted Skipper, are going crazy over the abundant Red Clover
And off the east end of the meadow, this partially hidden Groundhog sentry was making sure I was leaving

And now, the video:


Photos © 2019 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

3 comments:

  1. I usually have one or two favorite shots in your photo posts. The first one is "it" this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that the Groundhog sentry is my favorite. That little bugger was barely visible from where I was; I thought it was some Curly Dock until I zoomed in and saw it was a Groundhog. And it wasn't until I got home and was cropping and processing that I saw that ear. I deliberately cropped it wide so you'd get an idea of how well concealed he was.

      Delete
    2. Yes, he's a little charmer, isn't he!

      Delete