Saturday, February 11, 2017

Birding on Burd Run

I went out to the Burd Run Riparian Restoration park this morning intending to get shots of the creek in a route that started at the park and then went on to Fogelsanger Rd. to get some shots of barns and cows. But right at the beginning two little guys stole the show. Right as I arrived at the park a male Eastern Bluebird flew into a tree just in front of me, landed on a branch, and proceeded to pose and invite photos. How could I resist? And farther along, following the creek-side trail in the park, I came across a White-throated Sparrow feasting on some fallen Staghorn Sumac, so concentrated on eating that he totally ignored me, allowing for a lengthy shoot. I still followed the route and got shots of the creek and barns and cows, but these two little guys didn't give any other shots a chance at all of making it to this blog. So without further ado, here are the two stars of the day!







© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment