Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Walk in the Park, with Birds

I had a two hour gap between errands this morning, so I decided to pop over to the Dykeman Spring Nature Park. It's another mild, Spring-like day here, and there was plenty of avian activity - lots of Cardinals, Woodpeckers, Grackles, and Red-winged Blackbirds about. I managed to catch a male Cardinal keeping a wary eye on me from way up in a tree, but the prize find of the day was a male Red-bellied Woodpecker making a nest hole up in another tree. Come with me and I'll show you today's sights.

A view of the Dykeman Spring wetland with the new bridge in the background
A pair of Mallards in the creek
A view of the creek looking north from the new bridge
A male Red-bellied Woodpecker making a nest for his lady love and future children
A male Northern Cardinal giving me the wary eye
© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment: