Sunday, April 27, 2014

For Purple Mountains' Majesty

Peiper Rd., just south of I-81, offers some really magnificent views of South Mountain. I hadn't been out to Peiper Rd. in a while, so that was my goal for this weekend's hike. I especially wanted to get some of the Spring color both on the mountain and at her feet; I think I succeeded in that. I went out Baltimore Rd. to Peiper Rd., which runs over to Mainsville Rd., which I came back to town on. It was a nice hike on a knock-your-eyes-out gorgeous day, so I got you some good views to look at. Enjoy!

The view from the railroad overpass on Baltimore Rd.
View of South Mountain from Peiper Rd., about midway across
View of South Mountain from Peiper Rd. near Mainsville Rd.
View of South Mountain from Peiper Rd. near Mainsville Rd.
On the way home on Mainsville Rd., looking across the Cumberland Valley to Blue Mountain
© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments:

  1. The weather has been picture perfect, hasn't it? I commented yesterday that I wish it would stay like this through the summer. I'd much rather have my windows open and enjoy a warm breeze than when the heat and humidity kick in. You got some gorgeous shots there....I could look at those scenes all day!

    ReplyDelete