Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day 2014



"Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you." – John Muir

"This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls." – John Muir

"As long as I live, I'll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I'll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I'll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can." – John Muir

Today is Earth Day, and yesterday was John Muir's birthday, so I figured I had no choice but to include him in this year's Earth Day post, along with the above two photos and the video below. The video is one I did years ago, and I still like it. Happy Earth Day!


Photos © 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments:

  1. ...loved the post and Muir's quotes. Happy Earth Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sacred Nature -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete