Friday, January 17, 2014

Benches

I had a strong urge to sit on a bench and contemplate Nature today. So on the way to the grocery store I walked through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park and visited a bench on the shores of the north duck pond and a bench on the Upland Trail at the edge of the upland meadow. I sat on that last one and contemplated the view.




"The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth."
 – Chief Seattle

"Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts."
– Rachel Carson

"Man's heart away from Nature becomes hard."
– Standing Bear

Photos © 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger

4 comments:

  1. That first bench looks brand new! Snow is coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that red bench.

    And the third photo with the clump of trees looks so much like several studies I recently shot while visiting family in Southern Illinois. For a second, I wondered how you got one of my photos!
    (Yours is so much better, I quickly realized my mistake.... heh..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! Flattery will get you anything! But you don't have to take great pictures because you use them as the studies for great paintings.

      Delete
  3. Best bench photos I've seen in a while, Roy.

    ReplyDelete