Monday, November 28, 2011

Winter Approaches

I was out and about today and stopped by the Dykeman Wetlands Park to see what was going on there. These shots are the result. Berries seem to be the prevailing theme this time of year, although dead flower husks turned in a strong showing as well.





A note to all my photography fans: My calendars on Lulu.com (see the link in the sidebar) have all been updated to 2012. No new ones of Central PA; I just haven't had the time or energy for it. Sorry!

© 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

9 comments:

  1. My husband loves taking shots of dead flowers. We (Betsy, you, I) are all thinking about Winter's approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a mixture of life and death there. The berries seem so full of potential, the dead flowers so redolent of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...winter is fast approaching here too, Roy. Lovely shots. Birds will be along sooner or later to nab up those berries....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that second photo. Oh wow!

    I was just looking at your calendars last week! Haven't ordered yet, but I plan to! Just can't decide! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Can See A Year's Work In Those Photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful shots
    its starting to get warm in australia
    summer is on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopping in to say 'hi'. Have you been soaking in rain like we have? Not really good for walking around with your camera, huh!

    ReplyDelete