Thursday, November 10, 2011

Old as the Hills

Inclement weather today, so I stayed indoors and did some playing. I decided to "age" some of my misty mountain photos in Photoshop using the Exposure 2 plug-in. I went back and forth between the "selenium warm/cool" setting and the "sepia - soft" one. The selenium one tended to eliminate the mistiness and the details in the sky but bring out the details in the mountains, while the sepia filter emphasized the mistiness and brought out the details in the sky. I chose the sepia filter, and I really like the results. Oh yeah, and I did the photo of the barn and horse from yesterday because it just looked so good "antiqued"; it was totally "in period".







© 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful effect--I particularly like the treatment of yesterday's barn & horse (which I also liked very well in color) & the final photo showing the silos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, yesterday's horse shot was my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete