Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Farewell for Now

I've been among the missing since the weekend, and soon I'll be gone for an indefinite time. Unfortunately my world came crashing down and left me no alternative but to leave Newport to live with my family in other parts until I can get on my feet again.

This weekend found me with no money and no food. Yes, I know many of you thought I had a wonderful job. Unfortunately that was a fairytale I created to keep from having to leave Newport. I'd painted myself into a corner and karma came and got me there. I was in a state of depression and anxiety, and suicidal. My sister talked to me on the phone and with her help I made it to the hospital and checked myself in. I was released earlier today, my brother has come up, and together we're packing up preliminary stuff to leave for Pennsylvania tomorrow (Thursday, 10/28). All the family will be coming back up on Thanksgiving weekend to do the final pack-up and close the apartment.

Most of you know how tough it will be for me to leave the place I consider my spiritual home. Unfortunately I have no other alternative; if I intend to stay alive, I have to leave. Which brings me to my online presence - blog, Gather.com, and Facebook. I don't know when I'll be able to get back online again. There's probably gonna be a long silence, but be assured that I intend to be back, hopefully in time for Yule/Christmas. It won't be Newport, but you know I have to take pictures and show them to people, and you know my camera goes everywhere with me. But as I told some friends here in town today, it has now become my life's goal to come back to this place that is the center of my universe.

In the meantime, watch your feed notices for the day I come back. You can leave a comment if you like, but know that I may not see it for a while. I'm going to have to pack up the computer before I go to bed tonight.

Au revoir, y'all. I'll see you again as soon as I can.

22 comments:

  1. Aww...Roy...you're so brave to let us know. Big, big hugs to you. So glad your family is going to care for you a while. Pennsylvania is gorgeous! You know we will all be looking forward to seeing some photographs of your new stomping grounds! Take care of yourself! Hurry back! My day won't be the same without a new photo from you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. roy, thank you for sharing and being real about what was going on in your life. i pray for things to get better for you and i hope that your time with your family will be one of rejuvination...travel light....see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to you, Roy, & hope that this move helps you out. Will look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crap. I'm sorry. I know you didn't want this, but I'm glad you have somewhere to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that you are still having such a difficult time... but SO very glad that you have your family and that they are there for you.

    Thinking of you, and hoping to hear from you again sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm..well you have to go real down before you can go real up.

    Do you like Lord Of The Rings?

    Remeber that movie.I think it willl tell you something.See you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my dear. I will be thinking of you. I will miss you more than I can say.

    You will make it back to Newport some day, I know it. Meanwhile I hope you get a chance to show us some of the beauties of Pennsylvania!

    Best, best wishes. Oh man, I'm sad. But I'm glad you are (at least somewhat) all right and that you have somewhere to go.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh roy i don't know what to say.

    i am sending lots and lots of positive energy and vibes your way. i'm so sad to learn that things got so bad that you ended up in such a dark, dark place. it is a shame that you are force to leave a place you love, but the support of people who love and can help bolster you will hopefully counterweigh disappointment.

    love, love, love. please email me a snail mail address where i can reach you if you think access to the internet will be sketchy...

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. roy---my heart aches for you having to leave a place you hold so dear and close to your heart. However, this I do know from reading your posts and loving your photos--your keen wit and eye will shine wherever you are--take some time and know that we will be here waiting where ever you may be hoping for the next great post, shot and take on a song. Until then keep dancing and singing to your own beat --the mojo is always there---my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roy,
    The girls and I are sending good stuffs your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roy...I will be thinking about you. Loving-kindness to you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The "farewell" part sucks; the "for now" gives hope. We'll be waiting.

    With the holidays coming up, maybe some of us can consider buying the calendars and other items from your sidebar link for our friends and relatives who can appreciate beauty? It would be money well spent, in more ways than one. An artist deserves to have his (or her) work appreciated while he (or she) is around to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roy Be Strong My Friend.You Are An Ace Bloke.Try To Connect Again Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Roy, you'll be in my daily thoughts and prayers, dear friend. You'll be sorely missed in the bloggyhood. Hang tight. We'll all be watching for your return. Blessings and peace. Extra tight hugs and squeezes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck Roy... good things will happen. Karma man- karma.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow....I have so been in your dark place. Please know so many of us truly care. Thank you for being brave.~ Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best wishes for a safe and happy time with your family.

    Take care and thank you for sharing what is happening in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for being so honest. I hope all goes well for you in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Damn.

    Roy, I'll miss you and I'll miss Newport. I was thinking the other day that the next time I visited my son in Boston, I should drive down there and meet you.

    But, Pennsylvania is very pretty. If you're anywhere near Gettysburg, take your camera there on a cold fall weekday when there aren't any tourists. Look down from Cemetery Ridge and wonder what in the hell Lee was thinking about when he ordered Pickett's Charge.

    Or if you're in western PA, get up to Reynoldsville. My grandfather grew up there, and used to to tell me that it was God's country.

    And take care of yourself. Home is where the heart is, and you have a spiritual heart.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Roy I'm so sorry.
    but glad you have your family to look out for you

    I hope you find somewhere you can feel at peace
    will look forward to your return here

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wishing you all the best, Roy. I am so glad your family have been there for you. Thank you for the great pleasure you have given me through your magnificent photos. There have been many, many times you have pulled me out of a dark place. Look after yourself. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. God Roy I had no idea things were so tough for you, I thought you'd sorted things out? Take all the time you need and accept all the support you can. You are one of my longest and most frequent visitors and I'll miss you but do what has to be done. Much love. Helen

    ReplyDelete