Sunday, August 30, 2009

In Danny's Wake

So a week after Hurricane Bill gave us those 20-footers, Tropical Storm Danny (a tropical depression by the time he passed offshore here) didn't kick up nearly as much fuss. Still, it was a good day for surfing. I didn't get as many shots this week, so I decided to post all the ones that passed quality control rather than waste a web gallery on 6 photos. Here ya go!








Caution! Hot-dogger at work!















Dropping in.















Oops!















The slippery slope.














Whitewater surfing! This is my friend Justin Casey, a very good surfer indeed.








Going home...


© 2009 by A. Roy Hilbinger
I've put up a new entry on the Just A Song blog - Iris DeMent's "Let the Mystery Be"; please come visit!

8 comments:

  1. They're so good. I really must venture down to the beach after a storm. The last two times I've been, the surf has been flat and unspectacular. These are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...whenever I see you surfer shots "Wipe Out!" pops in my mind. Cool shots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine shots. Can I assume there was another storm between Bill and Dan? Was there something beginning with C or do they miss letters out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oofah! Wipeout! Great shots, Roy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- gorgeous! I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say "Oops" is my favorite - but they're all wonderful shots.

    And I love Iris DeMent. Can't go wrong with her unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only wish I had learned to surf when I was younger. I'm sure I'd break something now. Great shots Roy.

    ReplyDelete