Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Self Portraits

Tomorrow's post will be my annual Winter Solstice greetings, including my annual slideshow-with-soundtrack, and I'm currently hard at work at putting it all together. But you know me; I'm never only working on one thing. So about that title...

Yesterday the Silver Fox mentioned my old Green Man self-portrait, and I promised I'd repost that. So here 'tis:


His Silverness also mentioned my recent clean-shaven appearance, a yearlong pain in my life necessitated by my living conditions. But now I'm living on my own and not having to keep peace in a household not my own, so the beard is growing back. Here's the progress so far:


Not up to my usual standard, but it's getting there. Maybe next Winter I can take a new Winter King picture.

Okay, back to working on tomorrow's post!

© 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

4 comments:

  1. Hi Roy

    Just the mention of The Green Man has taken me back
    40 years to a pub here in Waltham Abby.Essex
    It was Ham egg and chips for lunch
    when I went in.

    Glad to see the beard back, its nice when you can
    just be your self.

    Merry Christmas Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you're gettin' there. And thanks for the repeat of the Green Man shot, and may your celebrations this season be better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His Silverness? lol...oh that just makes me laugh. :)
    I like the whiskers! Glad you can live by your own rules now. OK..but you have to trim the 'stash so we can see the smile!!

    Love the first picture..how fun! Looking forward to tomorrow's post.

    AND...my calendar came today. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beard will be going strong in no time! Happy solstice to you.

    ReplyDelete