Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Out the Back Way

These are some buildings behind my house; they flank our back parking area off Neff Ave., the alley that runs behind us. One is a garage and the other is a small engine repair shop, as the sign says. I've only ever seen somebody at the shop once; I can only hope he gets more business in the summer!

I processed these with Exposure 2's "Selenium Warm/Cool" filter because I thought it gave it that perfect Depression feeling. Neff Ave. always looks so '20s/'30s to me.



© 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

5 comments:

  1. love outbuildings! a friend of mine with a farmette out in oberlin has a small outbuilding with a corrugated metal roof which i am in love with - she was going to tear it down, but then i did a series of photos of it for her in different seasons and she decided to keep it! the power of the snap! eh?

    obviously the fellow who small engine repair shop must have other means for getting by.... i can send you some small engine that doesn't work and you can scope it out (my f seems to collect small engines - especially if they don't run - don't ask me why, i don't ask him!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a very cool filter! & the shots are so well composed, as always. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look to those shots, Roy! You never cease to amaze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm. Looks like a lick of paint might be required. Rustic? Is that the word?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody!

    Helen, I think the word you're looking for is "neglected".

    ReplyDelete