Friday, December 09, 2011

More Scenes from the New Place

Some more scenes from the new digs. I figured my bedroom was actually the least cluttered of all my rooms, and I like the bedroom set I found at the used furniture store. And for those of you who know me all too well - yes, that's actually a full size bed! For those not in the know, the joke is that I've been sleeping on twin size for most of my adult life.



The highlight of the neighborhood is the little postage stamp-sized park across the street from my house. During Corn Festival several acoustic acts performed there, using the gazebo as the stage. It's the perfect set-up: a park across the street and a Subway, a laundromat, and a Turkey Hill store (ice cream) all within steps of my front door. The drawbacks? King St. is Rt. 11 and tends to be busy; it's pretty noisy with traffic noise at night, and next Summer I'll be right smack in the middle of Corn Festival. Oh well, the pluses outweigh the minuses in this case!


© 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

7 comments:

  1. What a great little spot! That park with the gazebo is just adorable. I'm sure we'll see lots of photos of fun things happening over there in the months to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Love the park--that's a nice touch to the neighborhood. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love The Scale.I Love The Size.It Looks Comfy .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks like a fine apartment. I wish you all the luck in the world in your new home Roy - I am sure you will be very happy. One day, we will meet up down the street at the neighborhood bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet!

    living in an urban residential community only a block and a half from an interstate in seasons when the windows are open i simply reframe traffic noise and pretend it is some type of ocean!!

    a park across the street with periodic live music - how perfect! how roy!! and regarding its size: small is beautiful

    ReplyDelete