Monday, January 06, 2020

Bird Portraits

Given that great lens on my new camera, I decided to dedicate this week's walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park to seeing what birds I could capture. My main goal was the park's resident Belted Kingfisher, who is notoriously difficult to keep up with. What I didn't count on was the wind picking up before I got to the park; by the time I got there the birds were going deep into shelter. Still, I managed to get some decent shots, but it was like playing hide-and-seek, and most of the shots include intervening twigs and branches. And no, I never did catch up with the Kingfisher; he just wouldn't sit still!

A Slate-colored Junco along the Dykeman Walking Trail
A male Northern Cardinal in the woods along the creek in the park
A juvenile Great Blue Heron perched waaaayyyyy up in the treetops
A Red-bellied Woodpecker along the nature trail
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment