Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Another Visit to Farm Country

Today I went on another hike in farm country, up Possum Hollow Rd. past my brother's place, across I-81 on Olde Scotland Rd., across Woods Rd. to White Church Rd. and into Mainsville to head home on Mainsville Rd. It was another hot and humid day, but I seem to be getting acclimated to the Summer weather already. Although I did get pretty tired; after eating lunch once I got home, I promptly fell asleep for a couple of hours. But it was worth it, and these shots will give you an idea of what there was to see on the way.

A cornfield on Possum Hollow Rd. at the foot of Timber Hill
The Mennonite farm across the road from my brother's place on Possum Hollow Rd.
A view of South Mountain from the far end of Possum Hollow Rd.

The grain elevators on the railroad tracks off Mt. Rock Rd.
A view from Olde Scotland Rd.
An old barn on Woods Rd.
A ramshackle farm along White Church Rd.
A meadow along Mainsville Rd. on the way home
© 2019 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment