Monday, May 20, 2019

Looking at the World with the Lens of Love

That phrase in the title comes from an essay I found on the Humanistic Paganism website by author Mark Green (you can read it here). It reiterates something that I and other followers of an Earth-based spirituality have always known - everything is sacred, everything is holy, and the fact that it's all here and we're alive as a part of it is an ongoing miracle. The Universe is an ongoing act of magic that all of us have the opportunity to take part in, if only we'd open our eyes and actively participate in its evolution. This is what motivates me when I go out my door every day, and what informs my eye when I look through the viewfinder of my camera. In the Bible, when Moses approaches the burning bush on Mt. Sinai God tells him, "Take off your shoes, you stand on holy ground." Well, it's ALL holy ground; we should all be walking barefoot through every day!

Black Locust blossoms along the Dykeman Walking Trail
A tiny snail nestled in Skunk Cabbage in the Dykeman Spring wetland
Multiflora Roses in the wetland
Yellow Wood Sorrel in the wetland
Daisy Fleabane by the north duck pond
Peter Mayer has the perfect song for this subject; his Holy Now looks at both the sacredness and the miraculous nature of our world and our lives. Enjoy!

       

© 2019 by A. Roy Hilbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment