Sunday, November 11, 2018

This Week's Sunday Walk in the Park

You'd think that after a week's worth of photography last week while I was on vacation I'd take a break from the Sunday walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park this week. Nope, I still need my meditative wander and sit in my local refuge. And there are always things to see and take note of, no matter how frequently I wander through. We had a very heavy frost overnight, and the temps were still in the mid 20s (about -4ยบ C) as I walked this morning, all of which has an effect on the landscape. The woods still have some autumnal color, but after some stiff wind the last few days the foliage is starting to look a little ragged and bare, which has a peculiar charm of its own. And a young (probably hatched this past Spring) female Northern Flicker sat still long enough for me to do a mini shoot of five photos. It was definitely a good walk!

The woods are starting to look a little ragged
A stand of Maples up by the railroad tracks
Along the Dykeman Walking Trail
This pretty little girl seemed to want to have her picture taken
A Maple sapling by the north duck pond
Timber Hill seems to loom over the neighborhood on Mainsville Rd. Taken from up on the meadow.
© 2018 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment