Friday, November 09, 2018

A Visit to a Covered Bridge

Yesterday I hiked up to the covered bridge over Conodoguinet Creek in Newburg. Heh, heh! Fourteen miles round trip, and I'm still hobbled up today, although it's loosening up as the day progresses. I think my days of marathon hikes may be over. But the trip was worth it. It was the perfect Fall day, and while the trees may be getting somewhat barer, there's still color going on, which makes the scenery along the way photogenic. Plenty of farms and woods and country roads, and North/Blue Mountain always looming over the landscape, and a covered bridge - perfect!

The typical Central PA farm scene along Britton Rd
More scenery along Britton Rd., with Fall foliage and the mountain
An interesting "tree garden" along East Creek Rd.
Approaching the bridge
The bridge's bones revealed in the interior
A very scenic decorative pond on a farm on Fox Hill Rd.
A scene along Fox Hill Rd.
The last stretch - heading home on the Rail Trail
Today is the last day of my vacation; it's back to work tomorrow. It's raining and cool, so it's a good day to kick back with a mug of coffee and show pictures of my vacation. Enjoy!

© 2018 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. And impressive to do a 14 mile hike! Important to do it while you still can. Love the bones of the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos. So much like Vermont and similar. So evocative of 100+ years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blue sky... and I usually couldn't care less about that.

    I love covered bridges. I have ever since I saw my first one as a child, at Old Sturbridge Village in (Where else?) Sturbridge, Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful fall excursion we made with you today. What a hike.

    ReplyDelete