Thursday, August 30, 2018

Following Burd Run on Fogelsonger Road

I was planning on a leisurely ramble on the Rail Trail this morning, but when I crossed the footbridge over Fogelsonger Rd. I realized I hadn't visited the lower reaches of Burd Run since the wet Summer had it running full again. So I got off the trail and walked down Fogelsonger Road into the heart of Central Pennsylvania farm country.

It was a good day for a hike, sunny with a deep blue sky and puffy clouds, and although it was humid enough to have my shirt fairly wet with sweat by the time I got home, it wasn't nearly as oppressive as it's been earlier this week. So come walk down Fogelsonger Rd. with me and enjoy the Summer day!

The bridge over Burd Run at the picnic pavilion in Shippensburg University
The barn at the big curve on Fogelsonger Rd. 
A farm further up the road
The perfect Summer day in the rolling fields of Central Pennsylvania
A springhouse on Burd Run
Cows cooling off in Burd Run
© 2018 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. I can almost smell the smells and hear the sounds of those country scenes. (I used to live in the country east of Chambersburg near Fayetteville...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all is well Roy. Great Photos (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    หนังสยองขวัญ

    ReplyDelete