Sunday, January 28, 2018

An Austere Beauty

Winter without snow makes for a bleak season indeed. Yet there's an austere beauty to the dormant earth that can catch you by surprise and feed your soul. I was caught by that beauty on my regular Sunday walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park this morning; it was enhanced by rain overnight, and the damp seems to have enhanced the normally muted colors of the Winter landscape. My soul was most definitely fed.

Raindrops on Viburnum berries
The creek in the park from the red bridge
A shelf fungus along the Dykeman Walking Trail
A view of the north duck pond
The rolling hills of Central PA seen from the top of the upland meadow in the park
© 2018 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

3 comments:

  1. Viburnum, huh? I wasn't even familiar with the word.

    I must admit, I like the muted colors in the snowless winter as displayed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all there!
    Ready To Spring into Action !

    ReplyDelete