Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Walk in the Country

I haven't been out walking the country roads outside of Shippensburg in a while now, probably not since last Summer. And I actually hadn't intended to do so today. I went up to the Spring Hill Cemetery, but once I got there I didn't really feel like taking more pictures of gravestones, so I headed over to Roxbury Rd. and up to Old Mill Rd., heading for Bard Rd. where Middle Spring Creek crosses it and where the spectacular barn at Willow Run Farm is. When I got out to Earl St./Newburg Rd. I had a choice - turn right and head back home, or turn left and go up to Fogelsonger Rd. I turned left and got some pictures I think you'll like.

Middle Spring Creek at Bard Rd.
The barn at Willow Run Farm from Bard Rd.
An old stone farmhouse with a new roof on Newburg Rd.
A farm along Burd Run viewed from Fogelsonger Rd.
Jerusalem Artichoke growing beside Fogelsonger Rd.
Cornfields, rolling hills, and a beautiful Summer day
© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment