Saturday, April 08, 2017

Some Visitors to the Feeder

I refilled the feeders in my feeder station today, and added a feature. I removed the suet feeder and replaced it with one of those block feeders that look like a giant suet feeder (I've had it since I bought the feeders but found that the seed blocks didn't attract any birds) and filled it with unsalted peanuts in the shell. I want to see if it'll get me some Bluejays, Nuthatches, and Woodpeckers, all of whom seem to like peanuts. I haven't seen any of those yet, but some of the peanuts fell out and onto the ground, and my little buddy the resident Chipmunk came to lunch on them. There were lots of Finches, both House Finches and Goldfinches, and I was able to get shots of one of each. Spring is here, I guess!




© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment