Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Nature's Beacon on a Dark Day

It's a dark day on two fronts - last night the US electorate signed the death warrant for this country, and today the heavens are crying, at least here in Pennsylvania; it's raining as a cold front moves through. But in the midst of the dark Mama Gaia has revealed some beauty as a momentary solace. The overcast skies have brought out the Fall color, which I discovered while running an errand this morning, and when I got home I found that some infrequent visitors to my feeder station had made an appearance. A White-breasted Nuthatch flitted in and out, several Black-capped Chickadees were zipping around, and a Carolina Wren landed and stayed around for a little. The Nuthatch never did sit still long enough for me to get a decent shot, and although the Chickadees were hopping around quickly I managed to get a couple of half-decent shots. And that Wren!

I'm still mourning for my country, but at least Mama Gaia has shown that not everything went to hell last night.

Branch Creek at King St. brightens up a rainy day
A Black-capped Chickadee at the feeder station
Another Chickadee with a mouthful of seed
A Carolina Wren checks out the situation
The Wren finds some food
© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

2 comments:

  1. Be Strong Roy. All Things Will Pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nature is still beautiful. The election results, not so much.

    ReplyDelete