Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A Brief Visit to the Rail Trail

I took a brief walk on the Rail Trail this morning. The committee in charge of the trail got some extra funding and they've been developing the undeveloped part of the trail right back to downtown Shippensburg, and I went there today to see how far they'd gotten. I discovered that it's still in progress, and doesn't look to be done for a while yet. So I went up to the trail to see what the Fall color was like. I wasn't disappointed. 

The first mile and a half was very colorful indeed, but past the two mile marker the color pretty much faded out and by about the 2.5 mile point it was just bare trees, so I turned around and headed for home. But where there was color it was glorious!

Walking up Fort St. on the way to the trail I got stopped dead by this burst of color!
I was passed by a jogger near the beginning of the trail
Autumn in all its glory on the Rail Trail!
Nearing the Britton Rd. crossing I walked through a small flurry of leaves falling in the breeze
© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment