Thursday, July 07, 2016

Cooling Off

Well, it's definitely being July now. It's hot and humid and miserable, and outdoors is no place to be. I'm off work today, as I was yesterday; I had no choice but to get errands done yesterday, and hot as it was it was less so than today. Today is a little more oppressive, but you know me, I have to get outside at least for a walk up and down the street, to touch trees and walk in grass if nothing else. And when it gets like this I make a beeline for where the creek runs by the little park behind the Shippensburg borough offices on N. Fayette St. I put on my sandals instead of my hiking boots, walk to the park, climb down the bank, and walk out on the gravel bar into the creek for a visit to heaven. I wear sandals so I can wade out into the water and let its coolness drain the heat out of my body. That and the fact that this stretch of the creek is overhung by large trees makes this a nice shady spot to hide from the Summer heat. Here are two views of my little spot of heaven.

Looking north
Looking south
© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment