Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Sunday Morning Service

Some keep the Sabbath going to Church,
I keep it staying at Home—
With a bobolink for a Chorister,
And an Orchard, for a Dome.
- Emily Dickinson

I went to my "church" this morning - Nature. And specifically the Dykeman Spring Nature Park. Since I'm on vacation I took my time and spent a leisurely 3 hours wandering, sitting, and meditating. Join me in absorbing the beauty of Nature, basking in Mama Gaia's glory.

A Northern Rough-winged Swallow greeted me at the beginning of the nature trail
Cool, running water is always a welcome sight on a hot Summer morning
My pew this morning was a bench under a Black Locust. This is the upward view
Reflections on the north duck pond do very well as a stained glass window
Going up to the upland meadow you need to climb this stairway
The hay path on the meadow. I always expect to see a Conestoga wagon on it
"For purple mountains' majesty" - the northern mountains from the meadow
A Cabbage White butterfly on the upland meadow
Coming back down the hill to sit by the pond again; it's the ducks' lunchtime
A Common Whitetail dragonfly, a parting gift from Mama Gaia as I head for home
© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

2 comments:

  1. Your photographs are absolute joy. And how wonderful was Emily Dickinson. The more I read her the more I appreciate her. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a productive day, photo-wise. :)

    ReplyDelete