Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Brief Visit

We're still stuck in that stretch of oppressive humidity, so I didn't plan on being outside much today. But I did need to run down to the local CVS, and while there I couldn't pass up the chance to visit the Brookside Avenue wetland, which is just behind the store. If you remember, this is the wetland I took you on a tour of last month. The recent hot and humid weather certainly has added some green to the area, and the ground underfoot is a lot wetter than it was in May. The Canada Geese are gone, but the Red-winged Blackbirds and the Grackles were certainly putting up a fuss at my presence. Also there were lots of butterflies and dragonflies, but I only managed to find one butterfly who sat still long enough to get a decent photo. So come along while I take a quick jaunt through the wetland.

A view of the water collection pond
One of the many waterways in the wetland
A water meadow in the wetland
A Red Admiral butterfly sipping on some young Joe Pye Weed blossoms
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

2 comments:

  1. Roy, what a beautiful travelog of photos and words expressing the beauty of nature.
    Keep up the great work.--Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judge A Man By His Butterfly Photos! Beautiful, Roy.

    ReplyDelete