Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Walking in Spring Hill Cemetery

While checking my overnight email and catching up on all things Internet this morning I decided that I hadn't been over to Spring Hill Cemetery in a while. And since we don't have any Spring color yet and today was looking overcast and gloomy, I decided to stay in yesterday's black & white mode. So after all was done. I put on my boots and my coat and hat and headed out the door.

And got a surprise. It seems we got a dusting of snow overnight, and there were still some drifting flakes in the air. When I'd gone into the kitchen to get breakfast together it had still been dark, and I hadn't been near an uncovered window since then, so I'd had no clue. But not to worry, it just added to the mood that made b&w perfect for today's shoot.

I focused on general shots rather than on individual gravestones, plus views of the mountains from the cemetery, both Blue Mountain to the north (the second shot below) and South Mountain (the other two mountain shots). All in all I'm pleased with today's shoot; it captures the mood of the day perfectly. Enjoy!








© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment:

  1. I do agree...that dusting really made the contrast amazing!

    ReplyDelete